We Need You
Vermont Instructors Program (Adjunct Faculty) is an opportunity for community members to participate in the efforts of a comprehensive educational program designed to assist Vermont's students in acquiring the knowledge, skills and abilities that will contribute to their successful participation in the community and achievement of personal goals.
- If you wish to become an Adjunct Faculty Member in the Vermont Instructors Program, you provide instruction in conjunction with "Vermont's Framework of Standards and Learning Opportunities."
- Financial remuneration can be awarded in an amount not to exceed $10 to $15 per instructional hour. In no case, may this remuneration exceed $2,500 for any instructor during the Fiscal Year.
- This program is a great benefit to all those who participate in it. Our students benefit from the knowledge and experience of the Adjunct Instructors. The Instructors benefit from sharing their skills and "know-how."
- If you are interested in becoming an Adjunct Faculty Member, you may contact us via email, call or write.
CHSVT Education Board and Local Advisory Boards
CHSVT Education Board is comprised of Chairpersons or Members of the Local Boards; representatives from Departments, Administration and Schools Faculty, as well as other interested citizens.
- The Board is established for the purpose of advising the education supervisor or the Independent School established in T28VSA128. The Board shall have supervision over policy formation for the Independent School, except as otherwise provided, shall recommend school policy to the Commissioner of Corrections, shall oversee local advisory boards of the school, and shall perform such other duties as requested from time to time by the Commissioner of Education or of Corrections.
MISSION - To provide quality educational services for the academic vocational and social needs of Vermont Residents without a High School Diploma through communication and advocacy for the School and its students.
PURPOSE - To improve students' knowledge, skills and abilities to function as meaningful participants in the community.
To inquire about membership on the CHSVT Education Board, please contact us.
- Local Advisory Boards are comprised of active and retired teachers, members of the community, as well as representatives from the Faculty and Administration of the Local School Site.
- Local Boards serve to advise the Superintendent of Educational Services and the Facility Superintendents, with respect to educational issues, at the local site, as well as the appointment of the Faculty. The Local Boards review and recommend for approval, course work provided by the Faculty.
Local Boards establish procedures that ensure that the Student Body has an on-going opportunity to provide input and feedback to the Board.
To inquire about membership on a Local Board, please contact us.
If you are interested in full time classified teaching opportunities with us, we usually advertise in local newspapers and always post position openings with the Vermont Department of Personnel.